Fraser Stryker has extensive experience and a unique integration across the disciplines of sports law. We have represented venues, users and teams, owners, and even a league. Our arena, stadium and facility clients have been highly successful in managing their operations while experiencing minimal disputes or litigation with their customers and vendors. We have done several signature naming rights deals, understand the key issues on both sides and have developed effective template documents for same. We have also done premium seat licenses and food and beverage contracts for multiple sports and entertainment venues, again developing documents that work well and build long term value for both the venue and its vendors and customers.
We are especially proud of our ability and experience in leading successful public private partnerships in the development of major community sports and entertainment facilities. We have a keen understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of the traditional public sector ownership and management of venues, and the huge opportunity presented today by private sector leadership, management, and especially financial contribution to these civic projects.
Fraser Stryker lawyers bring together the diverse aspects of sports law, including government affairs, financing, specialty contracts, intellectual property, real estate and construction law, event hosting, and governance.
Sports management projects have included:
- Structuring of the public-private partnerships in Omaha which developed and today govern Omaha's modern sports arena, convention center, baseball stadium and major sporting events, and our world class zoo and several museums.
- Facility use and development agreements
- Licensing agreements
- Facility management
- Naming rights, sponsorship and marketing arrangements
- Food service agreements
- Premium seat licenses
- Event 'hosting' contracts, including the NCAA's® 25-year commitment to playing the Men's College World Series® in Omaha; the U.S. Olympic Team Trials--Swimming, held in Omaha in 2008 and 2012; and the U.S. Figure Skating Championships (Omaha, January 2013)
- One of our partners is serving as event chairman for the 2013 U. S. Figure Skating Championships