Alexander (Alex) Arkfeld is an associate attorney at Fraser Stryker practicing in the areas of litigation, appellate, class action, commercial litigation, and government and administrative affairs. After living and working on the West Coast, Alex’s strong desire to play an active role and make a difference in the Omaha community brought him back to his home state. Alex chose to practice at Fraser Stryker because of the firm’s reputation and connections to Omaha institutions.
By its very nature, litigation is confrontational, and clients are often faced with enormous consequences. Recognizing that the litigation process can be distressing for clients, Alex strives to be an advocate who can be trusted completely. And he is uniquely prepared to be a trusted litigator for his clients. As a former college baseball player, Alex’s competitive spirit means that he will work tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome. And as a former law clerk to both a trial judge and to an appellate judge, he is intimately familiar with the litigation process from start to finish. Having had a “behind-the-scenes” look at the decision-making process, Alex has the skills to provide the court with quality oral and written arguments for his clients.
Prior to joining Fraser Stryker, Alex was a law clerk at the Washington State Supreme Court for the Honorable Justice Sheryl Gordon McCloud from 2018-2020, and at the United States District Court, District of Oregon for the Honorable District Judge Michael W. Mosman from 2020-2021.
Alex earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Washington School of Law in 2018, where he served on Washington Law Review and competed for the National Moot Court Team. He received his undergraduate degree in Biochemistry from Doane University. Outside of the office, Alex enjoys sourcing local ingredients for cooking with loved ones, discussing books and movies with friends, and playing slow-pitch softball and wiffleball.
- Law Clerk to the Honorable District Judge Michael W. Mosman, United States District Court, District of Oregon (2020-2021)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Justice Sheryl Gordon McCloud, Washington State Supreme Court (2018-2020)
Honors & Awards
- Order of the Coif
- Eugene A. Wright Scholar Award
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Seven Classes (Legal Analysis, Research and Writing; Legal Research Methods; Constitutional Law; Business Organizations; Administrative Law; International Law Survey; Professional Responsibility)
- Levi & Hazel Wilson Fellowship
- State Bar of California
- Nebraska State Bar Association
Presentations & Publications
- Nationwide Permit 12 and Domestic Oil Pipelines: An Incompatible Relationship?, 92 Wash. L. Rev. 1991 (2017)