Combining thoughtful listening with practical, strategic solutions, Daniel (Dan) Guinan advises individuals, families, and small business owners on complex estate planning, tax planning, business succession planning, and general corporate legal needs.
Dan’s goal is to help each client design and implement a specific, comprehensive tax-efficient estate plan that aligns with their personal, family, financial, and long-term business objectives.
Dan knows that estate planning can often be a sensitive and complicated matter. At the start of the estate planning process, he dedicates time to understanding his client’s desires and needs, then patiently answers questions to ensure his clients feel that their wealth will be securely passed on to future generations. Dan looks at the big picture when working with his clients on an estate plan, considering his client’s income, assets, businesses, and family needs. He strives to make complicated tax planning strategies easy to understand for his clients all at the same time while building a comprehensive plan that protects their wealth, assets, business, and family’s future.
Striving to provide comfort after a loved one passes, Dan guides clients through the probate and trust administration process. He represents personal representatives/executors and trustees through the administration process, working on behalf of his clients to minimize delays and possible inheritance or estate tax consequences. Should the need arise, Dan effectively assists his clients in handling estate disputes that may result in litigation.
Dan holds a Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy® designation from The American College of Financial Services. He works with clients to identify and implement charitable giving strategies to build and preserve their family's legacy.
An active member of the community, Dan dedicates time to serving as a board member of several organizations that focus on programs for the youth of the Omaha area. Outside of the office, Dan enjoys spending time with his family and golfing.
- CALI® Excellence for the Future Awards: Torts, Property, Business Planning, Securities Regulation
- Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy® (CAP®)
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- Omaha State Planning Counsel
- Board of Directors – Phoenix Academy (2013-Present)
- President (2018-2022)
- Board of Directors – Happy Hollow Club (2023-Present)
- Board of Directors – Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Midlands (2003-2010)
- Board of Directors – Nebraska Lawyer Trust Account Foundation
- Editorial Staff – Creighton Law Review
- J.D., cum laude, Creighton University School of Law, 1999
- B.S.B.A., Business Administration, emphasis on Finance, University of Nebraska, 1994