Jessica Weborg’s litigation practice includes insurance defense and self-insured litigation, personal injury and wrongful death disputes, medical malpractice, commercial litigation, commercial trucking defense, estate probate, and trust and estate litigation, and professional negligence.
Jessica is passionate about the role she plays as a legal advocate for people and businesses in times of need. From the start of any matter, she establishes an approachable, open line of communication with her clients, keeping them informed and up-to-date on the progress throughout their case. A native of Montana, Jessica’s small-town values and driven, consistent work ethic motivates her to develop effective strategies and achieve results for her clients.
Jessica has spent over six years defending and leading civil litigation actions and related matters, including defending and reaching a number of successful automobile liability action settlements for a large insurance company.
Understanding that maintaining strong business relationships is vital to a successful outcome, Jessica strives to find common ground and build quality relationships with coworkers, clients, experts, and opposing counsel. A daughter of a small-town family practitioner, Jessica enjoys working with medical expert witnesses in a variety of specialties for personal injury, work comp, and medical malpractice cases
Jessica’s enthusiasm for law and litigation began in college when she was selected as a 2010 summer intern for Senator Max Baucus on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., who at the time was the fifth most senior U.S. Senator in the U.S. Senate. That summer, Jessica witnessed the confirmation of Elena Kagan by the Senate for the U.S. Supreme Court and was granted an opportunity to hear Sonia Sotomayor, a sitting Justice of the Supreme Court speak.
Outside of the office, Jessica is an avid runner and enjoys reading, travel, a variety of outdoor activities, and spending time with her two beautiful children, husband, and two dogs.
Jessica’s Gallup Strengths are: Context, Achiever, Learner, Harmony, and Responsibility.
Honors & Awards
- CALI for Excellence Award for Cross-Examination Skills
- Honorable Lyle E. Strom Scholar for Trial Advocacy
- Buffalo-Niagara Mock Trial Competition
- Montana State Bar Association, 2020
- Iowa State Bar Association, 2019
- Omaha Bar Association, 2016
- Nebraska State Bar Association, 2016
Memberships & Civic Affiliations
- Nebraska Association of Defense Counsel
- Indian Creek Landing’s Homeowner’s Association – Past President
Over six years’ experience defending and leading civil litigation actions and related matters. Highlighted accomplishments:
- Prepared a number of successful briefs in support of motions for summary judgment on the issue of statute of limitations in Federal Employers Liability Act cases in the U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska on behalf of our client;
- Successfully disposed of a third-party liability action against our client at the summary judgment stage involving a motor vehicle accident at a railroad crossing;
- Successfully argued dispositive motions for summary judgment and to dismiss prior to performing fact discovery to allow for early dismissal of lawsuits against clients;
- Prepared briefing in support of our clients’ motion for summary judgment in a commercial liability action which returned a judgment in our clients favor for a breach of a tariff contract in the amount of $5 million;
- Defended and reached successful settlements in a number of automobile liability actions for a large insurance company.