National Celebration of Pro Bono: Jessica Weborg
As an experienced trial attorney at Fraser Stryker, Jessica Weborg’s litigation practice focuses primarily on complex litigation. She represents clients ranging from individuals to small and large companies across an array of industries.
Passionate about the role she plays as a legal advocate for people and businesses in times of need, Jessica establishes an open line of communication with her clients, keeping them informed and up to date on the progress throughout their case.
Jessica’s litigation experience spans from professional negligence and personal injury defense to business torts and agribusiness litigation. As a professional negligence defense attorney, she feels privileged to be able to assist other professionals, such as physicians, nurses, and lawyers, throughout the difficult process of defending professional malpractice claims. Understanding that strong relationships are vital to achieving successful outcomes, Jessica strives to build quality relationships with expert witnesses, co-counsel, and opposing counsel. Her extensive experience in personal injury defense ranges from small fender benders to trucking/transportation accidents, including successfully securing a summary judgment for a major railroad in a claim involving a motor vehicle accident at a railroad crossing.
With experience defending and leading litigation actions and matters related to agribusiness, Jessica has worked with clients on cases involving crop loss, partitioned actions involving agricultural land, and defended claims involving misapplication of pesticides. A native of Montana, Jessica’s small-town values and consistent work ethic provide the foundation for her to develop effective strategies and achieve results for her clients.
Jessica obtained her Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Creighton University School of Law, and graduated with a degree in Political Science from the University of Montana, with honors. During college, Jessica was a summer intern for Senator Max Baucus on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., who at the time was the fifth most senior U.S. Senator in the U.S. Senate.
Enthusiastic about giving back, Jessica was recognized by the Nebraska State Bar Association in October 2021 for the pro bono that she did for the Volunteer Lawyers Project. Jessica also serves as an Ambassador with Share Omaha for their Giving Tuesday campaign. Jessica is an avid runner, enjoys reading, traveling, a variety of outdoor activities, and spending time with her two beautiful children, husband, and their boxer, Gus.
Gallup Strengths: Context, Achiever, Learner, Harmony, Responsibility.
Extensive experience in defending and leading civil litigation actions and related matters. Highlighted accomplishments include:
- Prepared a number of successful briefs in support of motions for summary judgment on the issue of statute of limitations in Federal Employers Liability Act cases in the U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska on behalf of our client;
- Successfully disposed of a third-party liability action against our client at the summary judgment stage involving a motor vehicle accident at a railroad crossing;
- Defended and reached successful settlements in a number of automobile liability actions for a large insurance company;
- Successfully argued dispositive motions for summary judgment and to dismiss prior to performing fact discovery to allow for early dismissal of lawsuits against clients; and
- Prepared briefing in support of our client’s motion for summary judgment in a commercial liability action which returned a judgment in client’s favor for a breach of a tariff contract in the amount of $5 million.
- Recognized by NSBA for Volunteer Lawyers Project pro bono work
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Cross-Examination Skills
- Honorable Lyle E. Strom Scholar for Trial Advocacy
- Buffalo-Niagara Mock Trial Competition
- Nebraska Association of Defense Counsel
- Professional Lawyers Defense Fund, Young Lawyers Committee Member
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Montana State Bar Association
- Vice Chair – Young Professionals Committee, Professional Lawyers Defense Fund (2022-Present)
- Volunteer Attorney – Volunteer Lawyers Project (2021-Present)
- Giving Tuesday Ambassador – Share Omaha (2022)
- Past President, Vice President – Indian Creek Landing’s Homeowner’s Association (2019-2021)
- Co-Presenter – “Legal Malpractice Update for the State of Nebraska.” Minnesota Lawyers Mutual, 2022
- J.D., cum laude, Creighton University School of Law, 2016
- B.S., Political Science, with honors, University of Montana, 2011
- Oxford Study Abroad Program, Oxford, UK through San Diego State University, summer 2009