John focuses his practice on business and corporate law and provides services to the Firm’s clients in corporate compliance and governance, estate planning, commercial litigation, insurance defense and self-insured litigation.
Before attending law school, John served as scout sniper platoon commander and intelligence officer with First Battalion, Sixth Marine Regiment.
He completed deployments to Afghanistan, Iraq, and other destinations in the Middle East. John was the books editor for RealClearPolitics after his service in the Marine Corps.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Nebraska State Bar Association, 2018
- Omaha Bar Association, 2018
Presentations and Publications
- Waters, John. “Businesses and Civic Leaders Should Cheer Treasury’s ‘Enterprise Zones’.” Real Clear Markets online (October 29, 2018)
- U.S. Marine Corps, 2009-2015
- Real Clear Politics, 2015-2018
- U.S. District Court of Nebraska
LAW SCHOOL: University of Iowa, J.D., 2018
COLLEGE: U.S. Naval Academy, B.S., 2009