Karson Kampfe’s practice is centered around litigation, with a focus on appellate, insurance defense and self-insured-litigation, commercial litigation, trust & estate litigation. Karson also practices in labor and employment law. Karson prides himself on becoming an advocate for his clients, taking time to understand the details of their case in order to work towards a successful outcome.
After graduating from the Ohio State University Moritz College of Law in 2016, Karson completed a two-year term as a law clerk at the Nebraska Supreme Court with the Honorable Jeffrey J. Funke. This experience has given Karson a keen insight into what a judge is looking for when examining a case.
Honors & Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Election Law and Evidence.
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Jeffrey J. Funk, Nebraska Supreme Court, 2016-2018
- Successfully defended a favorable trial verdict for a farmer in a replevin case including UCC title issues as lead appellate counsel. Foundation One Bank v. Svoboda, 303 Neb. 624, 626, 931 N.W.2d 431, 433 (Neb. 2019).
- Obtained summary judgment for client on novel theories and defenses to Federal Employers’ Liability Act negligence per se claims in the district court, and successfully defended the decision on appeal before the Eighth Circuit. Miller v. Union Pac. R.R. Co., 972 F.3d 979, 981 (8th Cir. 2020).
Presentations & Publications
- Note, Police-Worn Body Cameras: Balancing Privacy and Public Accountability Through State and Police Department Action, 76 Ohio St. L.J. 1154 (2015).
Memberships & Civic Affiliations
- ACLU of Nebraska – 2021 First Vice President; Board of Directors (2019-present)
- Lamson, Dugan & Murray LLP, 2018-2020
- U.S. Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
LAW SCHOOL: Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2016
COLLEGE: University of South Dakota, B.S., Political Science and Criminal Justice – summa cum laude, 2011