Fraser Stryker Attorneys Recognized in 2023 Edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America®
Constantly focused on her client’s best interest, Kate McNamara takes a results-oriented approach to her legal practice, striving for practicality, efficiency, and collaboration.
Focused on complex litigation in both federal and state courts across Nebraska and Iowa, in addition to working before state administrative agencies, Kate’s unique background gives her the practical knowledge needed to effectively defend companies, professionals, and individuals against a variety of litigation matters.
Whether counseling a corporation in a commercial dispute, representing a telecommunications company before the Nebraska Public Service Commission or defending a professional or individual in a state or federal investigation, Kate leverages her experience as a former federal prosecutor to thoughtfully guide her clients to the best possible result. Kate has represented and advised many clients who have been subject to government investigation by agencies such as the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Environmental Protection Agency, and the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. Other areas of Kate’s white-collar expertise include the federal False Claims Act, wire and mail fraud, Medicare/Medicaid fraud, mortgage and bank fraud, and conspiracy.
In addition to her litigation practice, Kate provides in-house counsel services to small to midsized businesses, advising corporate clients on disputes that may arise in the day-to-day course of business. With careful consideration of business objectives, she guides clients in making the best practical business decisions to avoid potentially high-cost litigation.
- Assistant United States Attorney – Department of Justice
- Assistant District Attorney – Nassau County, New York
- Senior Counsel and Assistant Vice President – Fortune 500 Company
- Included in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch™ in America in the field of Environmental Law (since 2023); Commercial Law (since 2023), and Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiff (since 2022)
- CALI Awards for Academic Excellence: Legal Research, Writing, clinical work during law school at the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York in 2008
- Awarded the Exemplary Contributions to the Quality of Student Life award at law school commencement in May 2009 for serving as Editor-in-Chief of Touro’s International Law Review
- Public Interest Law Fellowship Award from Touro Law School in 2008
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- Nebraska Defense Counsel Association
- Omaha Bar Association:
- Treasurer-Elect (2022-2023 Session)
- Secretary (2018-2019)
- Executive Council Member (2021-2022)
- Robert M. Spire American Inn of Court (2017-Present)
- President – The Academy of Young Professionals in Omaha (2018-2020)
- J.D., cum laude, Touro University Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, 2009
- B.S., Government & International Affairs, minor in Business Administration, cum laude, Augustana University, 2006
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Iowa