Fraser Stryker Attorneys Included in 2024 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®
Robert (Bob) Freeman is one of those attorneys that clients want in their corner through the most important matters, transactions, or transitions in their lives.
As a highly effective problem solver, he analyzes complex problems strategically, then offers specific solutions and steps to achieve a client’s goals. Bob communicates clearly, often “translating” legalese into comprehensible analysis and recommendations so clients know exactly what their options are.
Big projects usually involve different and unique mixes of financial, commercial, legal, interpersonal, and practical issues that must be sorted through and prioritized. Bob employs a “team” approach to his practice, working effectively with key business members, individuals, family members, professional advisors, and other experts on the Fraser Stryker legal team. Typical of competitive and busy people, he likes to get things done, knowing there are always more challenges ahead.
Examples of Bob’s projects include:
- Structuring of the public-private partnerships in Omaha which formed and govern Omaha’s arena and convention center, baseball stadium, downtown parks, and major sporting events
- Advising on sports law matters within the state of Nebraska
- Multigenerational family business successions
- Business acquisitions and sales
- Business break-ups
- Nonprofit organizational representation
Bob was a contributing author to the 2010 “Inside the Minds” series on Family and Business Succession Planning. Among his current community involvements are leadership in Omaha’s sporting events scene; and the ultra-complex Tri-Faith Initiative, an intentional co-location of three houses of worship, and placement of an Interfaith Center among them.
Bob can be reached through his email or phone number above. His long-time assistant, Nicole Urkoski, can be reached at 402-978-5337.
- General counsel for Metropolitan Entertainment & Convention Authority (MECA), Omaha Sports Commission, and numerous local and regional companies and families.
- Rated AV® Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Listed in Omaha Magazine’s “Top Lawyers in Omaha” for Corporate Law (July/August 2021 Edition)
- Inducted into the 2018 Commercial Real Estate Summit Hall of Fame
- Named Best Lawyers® 2019 Corporate Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Omaha and 2015 Mergers & Acquisitions Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Omaha
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America® in the fields of Corporate Law (since 2006), Mergers & Acquisitions Law (since 2009), and Sports Law (since 2015) (peer nominations)
- Listed in Chambers USA, America’s Leading Business Lawyers (Corporate/Commercial) (peer review)
- Selected to the 2009-2016, 2019 Great Plains Super Lawyers® list
- 2015 Robert M. Spire Public Service Award Recipient
- American Bar Association
- Business Law Section, Real Property Section, and Probate and Trust Section
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Business Law Section, Real Estate Section, and Estate Planning Section
- Omaha Bar Association
- Treasurer (1990-1991)
- Public Service Committee Chair (1985-1987)
- Leadership Omaha – Alumni Association
- General Counsel – MECA (1995-Present)
- Executive Committee Member – Omaha Sports Commission
- Board Member (Co-Founder) – Tri-Faith Initiative of Omaha, Nebraska
- Board Member – Mid-America Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Former Law Professor – Creighton University Law School
- Co-Founder – Juvenile Diversion Program
- Board President – Temple Israel (1993-1995)
- Past Co-President – Dundee PTA
- Fundraising Cabinet – Salvation Army
- Past Co-Chair, Capital Campaign – Nebraska Legal Aid
- Periodic presentations on business and estate planning issues