Alex completed his undergraduate studies at Creighton University, where he received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree with a concentration in Accounting and Finance, summa cum laude. He earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Iowa College of Law, with distinction. At Iowa, he served as Executive Editor of the Iowa Law Review, and he provided tax services to the public through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Iowa State Bar Association, 2013
- Nebraska State Bar Association, 2014
Presentations and Publications
- Presenter, Tax-Exempt Organizations from Start to Finish (topics including The Incorporation Process, Establishing Tax-Exempt Status with the IRS, and Unrelated Business Taxable Income), National Business Institute (Omaha, NE, July 31, 2018).
- The Constitutional Validity of Pro Forma Recess Appointments: A Bright-Line Test Using a Substance-over-Form Approach, 98 Iowa L. Rev. 397 (2012).
- Iowa Law Review, Executive Editor
- CPA–Passed all sections in the State of Iowa, 2010 (license pending accounting work experience).
LAW SCHOOL: University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., with distinction, 2013
COLLEGE: Creighton University, B.S.B.A. (Accounting and Finance), summa cum laude, 2010