Alex is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) and advises clients regarding data privacy compliance, cybersecurity, and best practices for internet-based businesses. Alex regularly counsels clients about online advertising and Federal Trade Commission compliance, the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), website terms of service and privacy policies, copyright and trademark infringement, and other technology matters.
Alex also represents clients in a broad range of civil litigation matters, including complex commercial litigation, intellectual property litigation, and personal injury and insurance disputes.
Prior to joining Fraser Stryker, Alex earned his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance from Creighton University. Alex then went on to graduate first in his class from Creighton University School of Law where he earned multiple honors for legal writing and advocacy.
Honors & Awards
- Creighton University School of Law Highest Triennial Average Award (Graduated Ranked 1/156)
- Creighton Law Review – Student Articles Editor (2011-2012); Associate Staff (2011); General Staff Member (2010-2011)
- Nebraska State Bar Foundation – Silver Quill Award (2011)
- National Moot Court Competition – Top 16 National Finalist (2012); Regional Best Brief (2011)
- Creighton University School of Law Moot Court Competition – Best Brief (2010)
- Creighton Moot Court Board – Problem Director (2011-2012)
- Harry L. Welch Award for Excellence in Civil Procedure (2009)
- Alpha Sigma Nu, National Jesuit Honor Society – Member
- Beta Gamma Sigma, International Business Honor Society- Member
- 14 CALI Excellence for the Future Awards including Copyrights, Secured Transactions in Personal Property, Individual Employee Rights, and Criminal Procedure
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Nebraska State Bar Association, 2013
- Iowa State Bar Association, 2012
- American Bar Association, 2012
- Omaha Bar Association, 2014
- ANSI-accredited Certified Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) (2016)
Presentations and Publications
- Information Privacy and Cybersecurity: What Can You Do Right Now? – Fraser Stryker News
- Information Privacy And Cybersecurity: What Are The Rules And Where Do They Come From?– Fraser Styker News
- Information Privacy and Cybersecurity: What They Are and Why They Matter – Fraser Stryker News
- ” Understanding and Reducing Your Website’s Risk,” FeedFront Magazine (Aug. 2014).
- Presenter, “The Necessity and Creation of Medicare Set-Asides in Personal Injury Cases,” Nebraska Defense Counsel Association (Oct. 2012).
- “A Background and Helpful Tips on Medicare Set-Asides,” Nebraska Defense Counsel Association (Sept. 2012).
- Reducing the Register of Copyrights to the Receiver of Applications: The Ninth Circuit in Cosmetic Ideas, Inc. v. IAC/InteractiveCorp Erroneously Interprets the Copyright Act’s Registration Requirement and Adopts the Application Approach, 44 Creighton L. Rev. 499 (2011).
LAW SCHOOL: Creighton University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2012
COLLEGE: Creighton University, B.S.B.A., summa cum laude, 2009