Brandon focuses his practice on litigation in both federal and state court throughout the Midwest. When a client presents an issue, Brandon works toward solutions that best meet the client’s immediate and long-term goals. Achieving these goals might mean resolving a client’s issue pre-litigation. This approach eliminates the risk of litigation, minimizes attorney’s fees and costs, and preserves a client’s time and personal or business relationships. However, if necessary, and in a client’s best interest, Brandon will proceed with litigation to protect or defend a client’s interests. Brandon will work closely with a client throughout all stages of representation in order to be a valued resource and partner to clients.
With a focus in labor and employment law, Brandon provides counsel to employees and employers regarding discrimination and harassment claims, employment agreements, including non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, state and federal wage and hour laws, employment policies and handbooks, and related litigation.
In addition to employment law, Brandon practices in the following fields:
- Insurance Defense & Self-Insured Litigation
- Commercial Trucking Litigation
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
Brandon joined Fraser Stryker as an associate in the litigation department in 2015. Prior to joining Fraser Stryker, Brandon was a law clerk to the Honorable Thomas D. Thalken, United States Magistrate Judge for the District of Nebraska. Brandon’s prior clerkship experience provides him with a unique perspective concerning the far-reaching consequences of actions taken even in the earliest stages of litigation.
Hailing from the east coast, west coast, and the south, Brandon settled in Omaha, Nebraska following completion of his undergraduate studies at Loyola University New Orleans and post-graduate studies at Creighton University School of Law. His attachment to Omaha resulted when he spent four months at Creighton University following Hurricane Katrina. Brandon is married and has two sons. Outside of work, he spends time with his family playing soccer, golfing, and cycling. He plays in three soccer leagues throughout the year and hopes to sneak in several more seasons before retirement from the pitch. On the weekend mornings, he will toil away at the golf course with his sons.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the Dean’s Academic Scholarship; James and Amelia Doyle Scholarship; P. James Cosgrave Scholarship (2008-11)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Jurisprudence, Negotiations, & Witness Examination Skills
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Nebraska State Bar Association, 2012
- Iowa State Bar Association, 2011
- The Robert M. Spire American Inn of Court, 2009
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Thomas D. Thalken, United States Magistrate Judge for the District of Nebraska, 2012-2015
- U.S. District Cout for the Southern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
LAW SCHOOL: Creighton University School of Law, J.D., 2011, cum laude
COLLEGE: Loyola University of New Orleans, B.A. Criminal Justice, 2008, cum laude