Brian focuses his practice on matters involving state and federal litigation, representing both defendants and plaintiffs. His experience includes assisting in cases involving complex commercial disputes, construction matters, wrongful death, and insurance defense. Prior to joining Fraser Stryker, Brian was a law clerk to the Honorable Laurie Smith Camp, Chief U.S. District Judge for the District of Nebraska.
Brian graduated with high distinction from the University of Nebraska College of Law where he was the 2015 Theodore Sorensen Fellow and an Executive Editor of the Nebraska Law Review. In law school, he was elected to the Order of the Coif and the Order of the Barristers.
In the community, Brian coaches the mock trial program at Omaha Central High School and works with non-profits that promote access to arts education for disadvantaged students. He is also an avid classical musician and directs an ensemble specializing in baroque and renaissance music.
Honors & Awards
- American College of Employee Benefits Counsel Writing Competition, 2015 Sydney Perlstadt Award Winner
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards, for Constitutional Law, Criminal Sanctions Seminar, Secured Transactions, and Trial Advocacy
- American Board of Trial Advocate’s 2015 Trial Advocacy Award Winner
Presentations and Publications
- “Make-Whole Relief: Non-Economic Loss, Punitive Damages & Back-Pay Availability Under ERISA § 502(a)(3) in the Wake of Cigna Corp. v. Amara,” Benefits Law Journal, volume 29, issue 2 (2016)
- “A Legal-Conceptual Framework of the School-to-Prison Pipeline: Fewer Opportunities for Rehabilitation for Public School Students,” Note, Nebraska Law Review, volume 94, issue 3 (2016)
- J.P. ex rel. A.P. v. Millard Public Schools, 285 Neb. 890 (2013): A Limit on School Authority and What it Means for Students’ Fourth Amendment Rights in Nebraska,” Note, Nebraska Law Review, volume 93, issue 4 (2015)
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Nebraska State Bar Association (2015-present)
- Omaha Bar Association (2015-present)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Laurie Smith Camp, Chief United States District Judge for the District of Nebraska, (2015-2018)
- Omaha Central High School Mock Trial Team Coach
- Omaha Children’s Choir, Board of Directors
- Omaha Chamber Singers, Vocalist
- Capitol Avenue Baroque, Artistic Director
- Temple Israel, Social Justice Committee (2017-2018)
LAW SCHOOL: University of Nebraska College of Law, high distinction, 2015
COLLEGE: Gustavus Adolphus College, B.A., Music & Political Science, 2008