Jacquie has significant experience in complex civil litigation, as counsel for both plaintiffs and defendants. She focuses her practice on professional negligence, primarily legal malpractice defense; trusts and estate litigation; products liability; commercial litigation; and personal injury. She has successfully tried cases to verdict and defended such verdicts on appeal. However, she also recognizes situations in which early, and sometimes pre-suit, settlement is in her client’s best interest. In such cases, she works to obtain the best settlement value her client can obtain.
Prior to joining Fraser Stryker, Jacquie served a two-year term as a law clerk for the Honorable Richard E. Dorr, United States District Judge for the Western District of Missouri, an experience that allowed her to obtain a unique perspective on what a judge is looking for when reviewing a case and, further, briefs submitted by parties.
- Successfully argued a motion for partial summary judgment, limiting a surviving spouse’s alleged claims to estate assets. This ultimately allowed assets of approximately $1.5 million to be distributed to the rightful beneficiaries of the decedent’s trust.
- Obtained a defense jury verdict in a landlord-tenant dispute which concerned the conditions of an apartment complex when hundreds of thousands of dollars and punitive damages were at issue.
- Received a jury verdict of $60,000 in a legal malpractice action when liability was admitted but plaintiff initially requested over half of a million dollars in economic damages.
- Successfully argued a motion for partial summary judgment, prohibiting plaintiffs from recovering in excess of $250,000 in insurance premiums prior to trial in a legal malpractice action.
- Successfully argued multiple motions for summary judgments and/or motions to dismiss prohibiting plaintiffs from moving forward with their legal malpractice lawsuits on the basis of statute of limitations.
- Successfully argued multiple motions for summary judgments and/or motions to dismiss prior to performing fact discovery to allow for an early dismissal of lawsuits against clients.
- Successfully defended multiple professional ethics claims in front of the Nebraska Council for Discipline.
- Obtained multiple defense verdicts at jury trials in automobile negligence cases.
Honors & Awards
- Received 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recognition for Litigation-Trust and Estates & Professional Malpractice Law
- Selected to Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars in 2015-2020 (Civil Litigation)
- Creighton University Daniel A. Svoboda Trial Advocate of the Year Award (2011)
- Recipient of the National Board of Trial Advocacy Scholarship (2011)
- Team Champions of the Buffalo-Niagara National Mock Trial Competition (2010)
- Best Advocate of the Buffalo-Niagara National Mock Trial Competition (2010)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Contracts, Constitutional Law, and Evidence
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Missouri State Bar Association, 2011
- Nebraska State Bar Association, 2013
- Iowa State Bar Association, 2017
- South Dakota State Bar Association, 2018
- Professional Liability Defense Foundation Member, 2020
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Richard E. Dorr, United States District Judge for the Western District of Missouri, 2011-2013
- All About Omaha – Board of Directors (2016)
- South Dakota
LAW SCHOOL: Creighton University School of Law, J.D. – magna cum laude, 2011
COLLEGE: Creighton University, B.A. International Relations – summa cum laude, 2008