Jacquie has significant experience in complex civil litigation, as counsel for both plaintiffs and defendants. She focuses her practice on professional negligence, primarily legal malpractice defense; trusts and estate litigation; products liability; commercial litigation; and personal injury. Jacquie also has experience defending class action lawsuits, including those brought pursuant to the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. She has successfully tried cases to verdict and defended such verdicts on appeal. However, she also recognizes situations in which early, and sometimes pre-suit, settlement is in her client’s best interest. In such cases, she works to obtain the best settlement value her client can obtain.
Prior to joining Fraser Stryker, Jacquie served a two-year term as a law clerk for the Honorable Richard E. Dorr, United States District Judge for the Western District of Missouri, an experience that allowed her to obtain a unique perspective on what a judge is looking for when reviewing a case and, further, briefs submitted by parties.
- Successfully argued a motion for partial summary judgment, limiting a surviving spouse’s alleged claims to estate assets. This ultimately allowed assets of approximately $1.5 million to be distributed to the rightful beneficiaries of the decedent’s trust.
- Obtained a defense jury verdict in a landlord-tenant dispute which concerned the conditions of an apartment complex when hundreds of thousands of dollars and punitive damages were at issue.
- Received a jury verdict of $60,000 in a legal malpractice action when liability was admitted but plaintiff initially requested over half of a million dollars in economic damages.
- Successfully argued a motion for partial summary judgment, prohibiting plaintiffs from recovering in excess of $250,000 in insurance premiums prior to trial in a legal malpractice action.
- Successfully argued multiple motions for summary judgments and/or motions to dismiss prohibiting plaintiffs from moving forward with their legal malpractice lawsuits on the basis of statute of limitations.
- Successfully argued multiple motions for summary judgments and/or motions to dismiss prior to performing fact discovery to allow for an early dismissal of lawsuits against clients.
- Successfully defended multiple professional ethics claims in front of the Nebraska Council for Discipline.
- Obtained multiple defense verdicts at jury trial in automobile negligence cases.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars in 2015-2018 (Civil Litigation)
- Creighton University Daniel A. Svoboda Trial Advocate of the Year Award (2011)
- Recipient of the National Board of Trial Advocacy Scholarship (2011)
- Team Champions of the Buffalo-Niagara National Mock Trial Competition (2010)
- Best Advocate of the Buffalo-Niagara National Mock Trial Competition (2010)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Contracts, Constitutional Law, and Evidence
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Missouri State Bar Association, 2011
- Nebraska State Bar Association, 2013
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Richard E. Dorr, United States District Judge for the Western District of Missouri, 2011-2013
- All About Omaha – Board of Directors (2016)
- South Dakota
LAW SCHOOL: Creighton University School of Law, J.D. – magna cum laude, 2011
COLLEGE: Creighton University, B.A. International Relations – summa cum laude, 2008