Katherine began her legal career in September of 2009 as an Assistant District Attorney in Nassau County, New York, where she prosecuted hundreds of misdemeanor and felony cases and tried dozens to verdict.
As an Omaha native, Katherine returned to Nebraska and served as Senior Counsel and Assistant Vice President for Fidelity National Title Group, where she managed an active civil litigation caseload in several jurisdictions across the country.
From there, Katherine became an Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of Iowa, where she prosecuted cases in federal district court. Katherine tried several cases as an Assistant United States Attorney, which included complex wire fraud, drug conspiracy, firearms, and child pornography charges. Katherine has also argued cases on behalf of the United States before the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Honors & Awards
- CALI Awards for Academic Excellence for Legal Research and Writing in 2006 and for clinical work during law school at the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York in 2008.
- Awarded the Exemplary Contributions to the Quality of Student Life award at law school commencement in May 2009 for serving as Editor-in-Chief of Touro’s International Law Review
- Public Interest Law Fellowship Award from Touro Law School in 2008
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- Executive Council of the Omaha Bar Association, Secretary, (2018 – Present)
- Robert M. Spire American Inns of Court, Member, (2017 – Present)
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- Nebraska Defense Counsel Association
- The Academy of Young Professionals in Omaha, President, (2018-Present)
- New York
- United States District Court, District of Nebraska
- United States District Court, Southern District of Iowa
LAW SCHOOL:Touro Law School, Central Islip, New York, J.D., cum laude, 2009
COLLEGE: Augustana University, Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Government & International Affairs, with a minor in Business Administration, cum laude, 2006