Kate’s practice focuses primarily on complex litigation in both federal and state courts in Nebraska and Iowa. This includes commercial matters, insurance defense, personal injury, construction, environmental, regulatory, telecommunications, and government enforcement litigation.
Prior to joining Fraser Stryker, Kate served as an Assistant District Attorney in the State of New York, an Assistant United States Attorney for the Department of Justice, and as a Senior Counsel and Assistant Vice President for a Fortune 500 Company. Kate has tried numerous cases and has successfully argued appellate cases before the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
As a former federal prosecutor, Kate has a unique background to effectively defend individuals and companies in white collar matters, including governmental investigations or enforcement actions, whether criminal or civil in nature. Kate has represented and advised many clients who have been subject to government investigation by agencies such as the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Environmental Protection Agency, and the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. Other areas of Kate’s white collar expertise include the federal False Claims Act, wire and mail fraud, Medicare/Medicaid fraud, mortgage and bank fraud, and conspiracy.
Kate also provides businesses with in-house counsel services. In this role, Kate advises corporate clients on disputes that may arise in the day-to-day course of business and assists clients in making the best practical business decisions in order to avoid the potential high cost of litigation.
Kate takes a ‘results oriented’ approach to her representation, striving for practicality and efficiency, with a constant focus on her clients’ best interests.
Honors & Awards
- Included in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America in the field of Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiff (2022)
- CALI Awards for Academic Excellence for Legal Research and Writing in 2006 and for clinical work during law school at the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York in 2008.
- Awarded the Exemplary Contributions to the Quality of Student Life award at law school commencement in May 2009 for serving as Editor-in-Chief of Touro’s International Law Review
- Public Interest Law Fellowship Award from Touro Law School in 2008
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- Executive Council of the Omaha Bar Association, Secretary, (2018 – 2019)
- Robert M. Spire American Inns of Court, Member, (2017 – Present)
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- Nebraska Defense Counsel Association
- The Academy of Young Professionals in Omaha, President, (2018-Present)
- New York
- United States District Court, District of Nebraska
- United States District Court, Southern District of Iowa
LAW SCHOOL: Touro Law School, Central Islip, New York, J.D., cum laude, 2009
COLLEGE: Augustana University, Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Government & International Affairs, with a minor in Business Administration, cum laude, 2006