Neil focuses his practice on business and corporate law and counsels clients in taxation, mergers and acquisitions, ownership disputes, real estate transactions, and corporate finance transactions. Neil also advises clients on corporate compliance and governance matters including compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the U.K. Bribery Act.
Neil has spent time since the COVID-19 outbreak researching the changing legal developments to help businesses understand and navigate all of the available assistance options through the government. Neil has co-wrote several COVID-19 resource articles in the Fraser Stryker COVID-19 Resource Center that address these development changes, with topics that include: the SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”), and other COVID-19-related legal developments for businesses of all sizes.
Neil earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Nebraska College of Law in 2015, with high distinction. While at the College of Law, Neil served as Executive Editor of the Nebraska Law Review, earned CALI Awards for Torts, Business Associations, and International Taxation, and was elected to membership in the Order of the Coif. Neil worked as a summer associate at the Firm for two summers during law school.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, 2015
Presentations and Publications
- A variety of articles published in the Fraser Stryker COVID-19 Resource Center, with topics such as the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”), the SBA Paycheck Protection Program, and other COVID-19-related legal developments for businesses (March-April 2020)
- The Nebraska Lawyer, “An Overview of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act” (January/February 2018)
Honors & Awards
- Selected to Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars (Business/Corporate), 2018-2019
- Nebraska Law Review, Executive Editor, 2014
- Order of the Coif
- CALI Award for Excellence: Torts, Business Associations, International Taxation
- David A. Ludtke/Great Plains Federal Tax Institute Scholarship
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
LAW SCHOOL: University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D., with high distinction, 2015
COLLEGE: Creighton University, B.A. (Economics & History), magna cum laude, 2012