Ryan specializes in counseling clients as they navigate through all stages of the business cycle. He began his career working side-by-side with in-house counsel for two international companies. With this experience, and his background in finance and economics, Ryan has developed a keen respect and understanding of the diverse needs of businesses across an array of industries.
In particular, Ryan has developed an expertise for Succession Planning, combining his experience counseling companies through the Merger & Acquisition process and advising individual clients on the preparation of their Trust & Estate plans. Furthermore, Ryan skillfully represents clients in matters related to real estate development, acquisitions, and lease negotiations.
In his downtime, Ryan’s hobbies have allowed him to grow an appreciation for fine whiskeys, bourbons, and wines. This appreciation has turned into practical knowledge Ryan applies while advising the firm’s clients in matters related to liquor licensing and compliance.
Ryan earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Iowa College of Law in 2016, with distinction. While at the College of Law, Ryan served as Senior Note & Comment Editor for the Journal of Transnational Law and Contemporary Problems, a member of the 2016 Jessup Moot Court Team, and received the Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence in Trusts and Estates and Civil Procedure.
Honors & Awards
- Senior Note and Comment Editor, Journal of Transnational Law and Contemporary Problems
- 2016 Jessup Moot Court Team Member
- Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence in Trusts and Estates
- Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence in Civil Procedure
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Member of Phi Delta Phi
- Nebraksa State Bar Association, 2016
- Iowa State Bar Association, 2016
- Iowa Young Lawyers Division – District Representative (2019-Current)
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division – District Representative for Nebraska and Iowa (2020-Current)