Corporate Compliance & Governance Attorneys
Today’s business environment requires building a culture of risk awareness and management across an organization to ensure compliance with the myriad of state, federal, and international laws and regulations affecting businesses. Fraser Stryker advises a range of business entities with instituting comprehensive compliance programs to guide them and their employees in conducting business ethically and in compliance with applicable state, federal, and international legal and regulatory requirements.
We also advise clients with understanding and implementing governance practices that comply with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Securities and Exchange Commission rules, and other state, federal and international laws, such as the UK Bribery Act. Our attorneys design and tailor compliance and governance programs to meet each client’s business requirements, taking into account the existing organizational and management structures, culture and needs.
Fraser Stryker works with regional, national and international businesses on a wide range of compliance and governance issues, including:
- Risk analysis and identification of substantive areas in which compliance policies are needed
- Development and implementation of effective compliance policies and employee training and education related to these compliance policies
- The institution and implementation of comprehensive due diligence programs for vetting potential business relationships
- Creation of monitoring and auditing procedures, including reporting systems, to evaluate existing program effectiveness
- Conducting internal audits and investigations to ensure compliance with existing policies and in the event of a compliance issue
- Establishment of a framework for discipline, program revision, and corrective action
- Board of directors and committee composition, oversight, and fiduciary duties and responsibilities
- Development of board committee charters, governance guidelines, codes of conduct, ethics programs, and other corporate programs and policies
- Record retention policies and management and administration of corporate libraries
- Assisting board committees in dealing with their relationships with outside auditors, compensation consultants and other third party advisors
Corporate Compliance & Governance Data Sheet
A digital copy of our Corporate Compliance & Governance Data Sheet is available for download today.
Nebraska Corporate Compliance & Governance Attorneys
Contact our corporate compliance and governance attorneys to discuss your important legal matter.