Lawyers for Nonprofit Organizations
Helping Nonprofit Organizations Thrive
Through skilled legal guidance, our lawyers help charitable organizations achieve and maintain their philanthropic mission. We have extensive knowledge of nonprofit and charitable trust law and serve organizations at each stage of their development. From entity formation and board advisement to corporate governance and fundraising policies, our law firm understands the unique issues that nonprofits face.
Practical Legal Advice for Charities and Tax-Exempt Organizations
Our firm advises on a wide range of nonprofit legal issues, such as:
- Structure and formation of nonprofit entities
- Obtaining tax-exempt status
- Filing annual tax returns
- Regulatory compliance and disclosure requirements
- Corporate governance
- Advising board members on duties
- Fundraising regulations and planned giving programs
- Fiduciary responsibilities of directors, trustees and managers
- Employment contracts and compensation issues
- Family foundations
- Charitable beneficiaries in estate and trust disputes and litigation
Latest Nonprofit & Charitable Organizations Law News
Revised 05/19/2020 Today, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced details of its Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP). The CFAP's goals is to support producers of meat, dairy and produce as well as a food assistance program for local food banks. The...
Author: Mark L. Brasee Is a qualified charitable distribution from your Individual Retirement Account ("IRA") right for you? Donors benefit by not having to report the IRA distribution as taxable income, although the donor will not be able to claim a charitable income...
Fraser Stryker PC LLO
409 S 17th St #500
Omaha, NE 68102