Lawyers for Nonprofit Organizations
Helping Nonprofit Organizations Thrive
Through skilled legal guidance, our lawyers help charitable organizations achieve and maintain their philanthropic mission. We have extensive knowledge of nonprofit and charitable trust law and serve organizations at each stage of their development. From entity formation and board advisement to corporate governance and fundraising policies, our law firm understands the unique issues that nonprofits face.
Practical Legal Advice for Charities and Tax-Exempt Organizations
Our firm advises on a wide range of nonprofit legal issues, such as:
- Structure and formation of nonprofit entities
- Obtaining tax-exempt status
- Filing annual tax returns
- Regulatory compliance and disclosure requirements
- Corporate governance
- Advising board members on duties
- Fundraising regulations and planned giving programs
- Fiduciary responsibilities of directors, trustees and managers
- Employment contracts and compensation issues
- Family foundations
- Charitable beneficiaries in estate and trust disputes and litigation
Latest Nonprofit & Charitable Organizations Law News
On September 18, 2012, Fraser Stryker partner Mark L. Brasee presented to the Nebraska Health Care Association on the topic "Nonprofit: A Business Line Approach." Mr. Brasee's discussed nonprofit legal issues relating to the proper classification of employees and...
Fraser Stryker attorneys Mark Brasee and Nicole R. Konen were instrumental in facilitating the merger of Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) and Easter Seals of Nebraska (ESN) (effective September 1, 2012). The merged operations will extend the reach of both VNA and ESN....
Fraser Stryker PC LLO
409 S 17th St #500
Omaha, NE 68102