The Department of Labor has promulgated the notice that all employers, with fewer than 500 employees, must post to comply with the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).
- Each covered employer must post a notice in a conspicuous place on its premises. If all employees can view it at a central location, that is where the notice must be posted.
- If an employer has employees reporting directly to work in several different buildings, the employer must post the notice in each building, even if the buildings are located in the same general vicinity (e.g., in an industrial park or on a campus).
- An employer may also satisfy this requirement by emailing or directly mailing this notice to employees, or posting this notice on an employee information internal or external website.
- At this time, the notice need not be posted in languages other than English.
- The Notice need only be available to current and newly-hired employees and not individuals already laid off or applicants.
- To obtain notices free of charge, contact the Department’s Wage and Hour Division at 1-866-4-USWAGE (1-866-487-9243). Alternatively, you may download and print the notice yourself from https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/posters
Fraser Stryker is available to answer questions and assist clients in preparation for, or response to, any legal issues related to COVID-19. Please reach out to us at 402.341.6000 for further assistance.
Patrick J. Barrett
Kathryn A. Dittrick
Sarah L. (Sally) McGill
This article has been prepared for general information purposes and (1) does not create or constitute an attorney-client relationship, (2) is not intended as a solicitation, (3) is not intended to convey or constitute legal advice, and (4) is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice from a qualified attorney. Always seek professional counsel prior to taking action.