Mr. Mullin excels in courtroom advocacy, having developed a successful general litigation practice which includes several different substantive practice areas. Over the past several years, Mr. Mullin has successfully tried numerous cases to verdict in several different jurisdictions. Similarly, he has successfully obtained court-ordered dismissals and summary judgments on behalf of several clients. Despite his successes in the courtroom, Mr. Mullin strongly believes that some cases are best resolved prior to trial. To that end, he has helped many of his clients in pursuing alternative methods of dispute resolution and has successfully resolved a variety of different cases through pretrial negotiation and mediation.
Over the past several years, Mr. Mullin’s litigation successes have included personal injury cases, contractual disputes, contested probate matters, wrongful death cases, commercial trucking disputes, professional negligence cases and complex class action matters. Mr. Mullin’s work on behalf of his clients has produced the following results:
- Mr. Mullin obtained a preliminary dismissal of a multi-million dollar federal antitrust class action lawsuit on behalf of one of the defendants.
- Mr. Mullin has received multiple defense jury verdicts in personal injury cases despite representing clients who admitted to their own negligence.
- On multiple occasions, Mr. Mullin has obtained summary judgment orders and partial summary judgment orders on behalf of his clients.
- Mr. Mullin has argued successfully to the Nebraska Supreme Court on multiple occasions and has received Nebraska Supreme Court opinions upholding his successful jury verdicts and affirming successful summary judgment results obtained on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Mullin grew up in Omaha and lives in the Dundee area with his wife, Shilee, (also a lawyer) and their three children. He is an active member of St. Margaret Mary’s parish and a youth sports coach for his son and daughters.
Honors & Awards
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America® in the fields of Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants (since 2017) and Insurance Law (since 2018) (peer nominations)
- Listed in Omaha Magazine’s “Top Lawyers in Omaha” for Insurance Law (July/August 2021 Edition)
- Listed in Chambers USA, America’s Leading Business Lawyers (Litigation: Insurance) (peer review)
- Selected to the 2016-2020, 2022 Great Plains Super Lawyers® list
- Order of the Barristers
- Selected for membership in the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) in 2016
- Selected to the 2013-2015 Great Plains Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list
- American Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- Nebraska Defense Counsel Association – President (2012-2013), Former Director (2007-2011)
- Nebraska State Bar Foundation – Fellow
Memberships & Civic Affiliations
- High School Mock Trial-Coach and Judge (2006-present)
- Douglas County Teen Court – Instructor (2001-2006)
- Youth Baseball, Softball and Basketball Coach (2008-present)
- St. Cecilia Cathedral Grade School – Board of Education (2012-2015)
- Memorial Little League Board of Directors/Officer