Fraser Stryker Attorneys Included in 2023 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®
Jim represents a variety of healthcare-related organizations and individuals including hospitals, assisted living and long-term care facilities, physicians, and physician groups.
Jim provides advice and counsel as well as advocacy in a variety of healthcare law areas including nonprofit corporation law and tax exemption, fraud and abuse, Stark, physician contracting, medical staff matters, and privacy issues. He has represented institutional and individual providers during both the investigation phases and in contested matters before state administrative agencies concerning licensure and reimbursement issues.
Jim has experience in physician practice transactions involving practice formation, acquisition, mergers, practice breakups and development of practice buy-in, deferred compensation, and buy-out strategies.
- Rated AV® Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Named Best Lawyers® 2017, 2021, and 2023 Health Care Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Omaha
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America® since 2013 in the field of Health Care Law (peer nominations)
- Listed in Chambers USA, America’s Leading Business Lawyers (Healthcare) (peer review)
- Listed in Omaha Magazine’s “Top Lawyers in Omaha” for Health Care Law (July/August 2021 Edition)
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association – Past Member
- National Council of Self-Insurers – Past Member
- Past President – Lauritzen Gardens, Omaha’s Botanical Center
- Past Member – United Way Campaign
- Past Member – YMCA Advisory Council
- Past President – Presbyterian Outreach
- Past Membership Campaign Member – Joslyn Art Museum
- Lecturer on healthcare topics
- American Association of Homes for the Aging, Annual Meeting Presentation
- J.D., with distinction, University of Nebraska College of Law, 1976
- B.A., Denison University, 1971
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit