Shayna Bartow Joins Fraser Stryker’s Litigation Practice
A member of the Firm’s litigation practice, Shayna N. Bartow assists individuals and businesses in a wide array of matters, including personal injury, wrongful death, and medical malpractice actions.
In addition, Shayna advises labor and employment law clients, providing counsel on various employment and workplace issues.
Navigating the legal system can be overwhelming for individuals and families who have experienced a life-altering event. As a reliable and committed advocate, Shayna prioritizes clear communication, empathy, and accessibility to ensure clients feel supported throughout the litigation process. A former federal law clerk, she has invaluable experience working on complex civil litigation matters. This unique perspective, along with her strategic acumen and collaborative approach, allows Shayna to help clients reach outcomes that satisfy their legal concerns and underlying interests.
In her labor and employment law practice, Shayna assists businesses and nonprofits interested in establishing safe and equitable workplaces. Instead of merely meeting the minimum state and federal employment requirements, she helps clients adopt best practices, such as implementing education, training, and policies that prioritize safety, equity, and inclusion.
Before law school, Shayna was a dedicated public servant and community organizer, leading a voter registration campaign promoting civic engagement in the Omaha community and later served as a legislative aide at the Nebraska Legislature. This experience makes her uniquely qualified to advise candidates and organizations on governmental legal affairs.
Shayna was a judicial clerk to the Honorable John M. Gerrard at the Federal District Court for the District of Nebraska. She earned her Juris Doctor, highest distinction, from the University of Nebraska College of Law in 2021. Outside the office, Shayna enjoys cooking, traveling, and spending time with friends and family.
- Formal Mediation Training – Nebraska Office of Dispute Resolution
- Editor-in-Chief, Nebraska Law Review (Vol. 99)
- Order of the Coif
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Torts, Contracts, Property, Client Interviewing & Counseling, Law Office Management, Mental Health Law
- Prof. Richard Harnsberger Prize for Outstanding Academic Achievement
- Excellence in Legal Writing Award
- Omaha Bar Association
- Note, Suspects Use Cell Phones, but so Do We: State v. Goynes and the Constitutional Dangers of Boilerplate Search Warrants, 99 Neb. L. Rev. 477 (2020)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable John M. Gerrard, Federal District Court for the District of Nebraska, 2021-2023
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable L. Steven Grasz, Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals