Fraser Stryker Attorneys Included in 2024 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®
As the lead attorney of Fraser Stryker’s international telecommunications practice, Travis represents telecommunications clients with operations in North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa, routinely advising them on all facets of their business and through all phases of the business cycle.
With over 25 years of experience, Travis has developed a unique understanding of the commercial and technological aspects of this ever-changing industry. Drawing upon this experience, he successfully guides his clients with pragmatic and sector-specific legal advice to face the challenges of increased competition in an ever-increasing “flat” world.
Travis has a rare understanding of telecommunications infrastructure design and deployment after assisting several clients (both domestic and international) navigate the pitfalls of constructing local, long-haul, and subsea networks, as well as data centers. This representation commonly includes transactional support for joint venture or other consortia development, equipment or lit service procurement, and O&M service (both terrestrial and marine). Travis also has extensive experience in public and private right-of-way acquisition for network construction, including condemnation.
Continually monitoring domestic and international market developments, Travis provides counsel to clients on the appropriate legal terms for the sale or procurement of a wide array of telecommunications products and services, including broadband, colocation, and dark fiber. With a holistic approach to his legal practice, Travis provides ongoing advice to his clients on other corporate matters critical to their success, such as the protection of their intellectual property, compliance and governance matters, as well as mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
Outside the office, Travis is very active in the community, serving for several years on the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the local Habitat for Humanity affiliate, as well as active participation in the Leadership Omaha program.
- Negotiated numerous multimillion-dollar transactions for the purchase and sale of lit telecommunications services with both private and public entities (both domestic and foreign).
- Represented several international telecommunications carriers and other infrastructure owners in the formation, governance, and operation of various subsea cable consortia and systems.
- Lead counsel on numerous construction and capacity purchase agreements for undersea fiber optic cable systems in the Pacific, Atlantic, and Indian Oceans, as well as related maintenance and cable landing station agreements.
- Represented several national and regional data center operators, including the negotiation of building leases, customer agreements, and maintenance agreements.
- Advised clients on several major telecommunications infrastructure asset purchases and sales (both domestic and foreign).
- Negotiated both terrestrial and undersea, multimillion-dollar grants of indefeasible rights to use dark fiber and related telecommunications infrastructure.
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America® since 2013 in the field of Corporate Law (peer nominations)
- Rated AV® Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Various Academic Honors and Awards from University of Minnesota Law School and University of Denver
- Listed in Omaha Magazine’s “Top Lawyers in Omaha” for Technology Law (July/August 2021 Edition)
- American Bar Association – Business Law Section and Public Utilities Section
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- Colorado State Bar Association
- Nebraska Telecommunications Association – Member (2008-present)
- Project Coordinator – Buildable Hours Project (2003-present)
- Board of Directors and Executive Committee Member – Habitat for Humanity of Omaha (2010-2016)
- Alumni Association Member – Leadership Omaha, Class of 2005
- Member – Phi Beta Kappa