In the past several months, Mr. Mullin’s litigation successes have included personal injury cases, contractual disputes, contested probate matters, wrongful death cases, commercial trucking disputes, professional negligence cases and complex class action matters. Mr. Mullin’s work on behalf of his clients has produced the following results:
Mr. Mullin recently obtained a preliminary dismissal of a multi-million dollar federal antitrust class action lawsuit on behalf of one of the defendants.
Mr. Mullin has received multiple defense jury verdicts in personal injury cases despite representing clients who admitted to their own negligence.
On multiple occasions, Mr. Mullin has obtained summary judgment orders and partial summary judgment orders on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Mullin has argued successfully to the Nebraska Supreme Court on multiple occasions and has received Nebraska Supreme Court opinions upholding his successful jury verdicts and affirming successful summary judgment results obtained on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Mullin has aggressively negotiated favorable settlements for his clients in wrongful death cases, complex commercial cases and mass tort cases.
For his work, Mr. Mullin has received local and national recognition. He was recently elected President of the prestigious Nebraska Defense Counsel Association after serving on that organization’s Board of Directors for two terms.
Mr. Mullin lives in the Dundee area with his wife, Shilee, (also a lawyer) and their three young children. He is an active member of the St. Cecilia’s parish and a youth sports coach for his son and daughters.
Honors & Awards
- Rated BV® Distinguished by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in Chambers USA, America’s Leading Business Lawyers (Litigation: Insurance) (peer review)
- Order of the Barristers
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America in Insurance Law and Personal Injury Litigation (peer nominations)
- Selected to Super Lawyers’ (Civil Litigation, Personal Injury – General, and Antitrust Litigation), 2013 – 2016, 2019
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, 2000
- Nebraska State Bar Association, 2000
- Omaha Bar Association, 2000
- Defense Research Institute
- American Board of Trial Advocates – Member (2016)
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- Nebraska Defense Counsel Association – President (2012-2013), Former Director (2007-2011)
- High School Mock Trial-Coach and Judge (2006-present)
- Douglas County Teen Court-Instructor (2001-2006)
- Youth Baseball, Soccer, and Basketball Coach (2008-present)
- St. Cecilia Cathedral Grade School – Board of Education (2012-present)
LAW SCHOOL: University of Nebraska at Lincoln, J.D., with distinction, 2000
COLLEGE: University of Notre Dame, B.A., 1997