Luke focuses his practice primarily on commercial litigation. He represents a broad range of clients, including banks, commercial property managers, research firms, insurance companies, and individuals. He has handled a variety of matters, including contract disputes, collection actions, bankruptcy litigation, and family law matters.
Luke’s experience includes the successful representation of clients in bench trials, jury trials, arbitrations, and mediations, as well as successful argument before the Nebraska Court of Appeals and experience in federal civil litigation matters and bankruptcy matters.
In addition to his civil practice, Mr. Klinker also practices criminal defense on a regular basis. Mr. Klinker has experience in criminal defense at the state court level, having represented clients in felony, misdemeanor, and infraction cases, with a focus on the defense of Driving Under the Influence (DUI) matters.
Honors & Awards
- Included in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America in the field of Construction Law (2021-2022)
- Selected to the 2013-2016 Great Plains Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list (Civil Litigation)
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Bar Association, 2006
- Nebraska State Bar Association, 2006
- Omaha Bar Association, 2006
Presentations & Publications
- “Hill v. Scott: The Eighth Circuit Upholds the Basic Principles of the Objective Reasonableness Standard In a Case of Mistaken Identity Arrest,” 38 Creighton Law Review 691 (2005)
- Whitten Ranch, Inc. v. Premier Alfalfa, Inc. , 2009 WL 1844482 (D.Neb. June 18, 2009)
- Voices for Children – Annual Gala Committee Member (2008-2009)
- The Literacy Center (formerly The Literacy Center of the Midlands) – Volunteer Adult Basic Education Reading Tutor (2007, 2010)
- Law Explorer Post – Instructor/Mentor
- Project Harmony – “Halfway to St. Patrick’s Day” Celebration Fundraiser Co-Chair (2011)
- Omaha Public Schools – Careers for Kids Job Shadow Program Participant (2011)
- Student Articles Editor, Creighton Law Review, 2005-2006