Steve focuses his practice on litigation, proving services to the Firm’s clients in federal litigation, appellate practice, insurance defense and self-insured litigation, commercial litigation, personal injury, commercial trucking defense, and class action litigation. Steve’s practice area also includes both creditor and debtor bankruptcy claims. Steve has successfully advocated in federal bankruptcy courts across the country for individual clients and corporations with 1000+ employees.
Steve completed his undergraduate studies at Creighton University in 2008, where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in political science. He earned his Juris Doctor from Creighton University School of Law in 2016, where he graduated cum laude and served on the Creighton Law Review. While in law school, Steve also earned a Master of Science in Government Organization and Leadership. He was accepted to the Nebraska bar in September 2016.
Honors & Awards
- Creighton Law Review, Staff Member, 2014-2016
- CALI Award for Excellence: Administrative Law, Negotiations
- OPUS Prize Student Representative
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Nebraska Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
Presentations and Publications
- Note: When a Volunteer Becomes an Employee: The Fifth Circuit Incorrectly Determined That A Volunteer Is Not An Employee Within The Standards of Title VII, 48 Creighton L.Rev. (June 2015).
- The First Tee of Omaha – Board Member (2013-Present)
- Anti-Defamation League – Board Member (2016-Present)
- Young Lawyers Division of Omaha Bar Association – Chair (2020-Present)
- Inclusive Communities – Lead Diversity Member
LAW SCHOOL: Creighton, Juris Doctor; M.S. Government Organization and Leadership, 2016
COLLEGE: Creighton University, B.A., Political Science, 2008