Travis is the lead attorney of Fraser Stryker’s international telecommunications practice, representing clients with operations in North America, Europe, Asia and Africa.
Travis routinely advises telecommunications clients on all facets of their business and through all phases of the business cycle, and after nearly 20 years of practicing in this area, he has developed a unique understanding of the commercial and technological aspects of this ever-changing industry. Drawing upon this experience, he successfully guides his clients with pragmatic and sector-specific legal advice to face the challenges of increased competition in an ever-increasing “flat” world.
Travis has a rare understanding of telecommunications infrastructure design and deployment after assisting several clients (both domestic and international) navigate the pitfalls of constructing local, long-haul, and subsea networks, as well as data centers. This representation commonly includes transactional support for joint venture or other consortia development, equipment or lit service procurement and O&M service (both terrestrial and wet). Travis also has extensive experience in public and private right-of-way acquisition for network construction, including condemnation.
Travis and his team also continually monitor domestic and international market developments and routinely advise clients on the appropriate legal terms for the sale or procurement of a wide array of telecommunications products and services, including broadband, colocation and dark fiber. He also routinely advises his clients on other corporate matters that are critical to their success, such as the protection of their intellectual property, compliance and governance matters, as well as mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Outside the office, Travis is very active in the community, serving for several years on the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the local Habitat for Humanity affiliate, as well as active participation in the Leadership Omaha program. In addition to spending time with his young daughters, Travis also enjoys cooking, photography, hiking, wine collecting and golf.
Honors & Awards
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America in Corporate Law (peer nominations)
- Rated AV® Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Various Academic Honors and Awards from University of Minnesota Law School and University of Denver
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, 1996, Business Law Section and Public Utilities Section
- Nebraska State Bar Association, 1996
- Omaha Bar Association, 1996
- Colorado State Bar Association, 1999
- Nebraska Telecommunications Association – Member (2008-present)
- Negotiated numerous multimillion dollar transactions for the purchase and sale of lit telecommunications services with both private and public entities (both domestic and foreign).
- Negotiated numerous construction and capacity purchase agreements for undersea fiber optic cable systems in the Pacific, Atlantic, and Indian Oceans, as well as related consortium, maintenance, and cable landing station agreements.
- Negotiated several major telecommunications infrastructure asset purchases and sales (both domestic and foreign).
- Negotiated both terrestrial and undersea, multimillion dollar grants of indefeasible rights to use dark fiber and related telecommunications infrastructure.
- Habitat for Humanity of Omaha – Board of Directors and Executive Committee Member (2009-present)
- Project Coordinator for the Buildable Hours Project (2003-present)
- Leadership Omaha – Alumni Association Member
- Phi Beta Kappa – Member (1992-present)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
LAW SCHOOL: University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 1996
COLLEGE: University of Denver, B.A., summa cum laude, Political Science and Economics, 1993