Fraser Stryker New Hire Spotlight: Colin J. Kozol
Colin J. Kozol is a member of Fraser Stryker’s Business and Corporate practice, with a focus on Business Succession Planning, Taxation, and Employee Benefits & ERISA.
Colin values his position as legal counsel for his clients, recognizing that he is in a unique position to help business owners navigate the complex legal landscape. He takes great satisfaction in helping solve a client’s known problems as well as uncovering and planning for unknown legal concerns before those issues become problems.
Due to his high level of commitment and empathetic approach, Colin treats every client’s issues as his own, giving him a deep determination to achieve his client's goals in an efficient way. His creative and analytical nature allows him to consider solutions to problems that many might overlook and evaluate which ideas will bring the most realistic and effective resolution to meet his client's needs.
Before joining Fraser Stryker, Colin had experience working as a Tax Appeals Division Intern for the United States Department of Justice. This intellectually challenging experience created a special interest in the complexities and mechanics of the tax code. Colin received his Juris Doctor from the University of Nebraska College of Law in 2022 and his undergraduate degrees in both Hispanic Studies and Global Business Leadership from Saint John’s University in 2019.
During his college career, Colin provided community service work for two months on the Blackfeet Native American Reservation and lived for three months in Vina del Mar, Chile, as part of a study abroad program. In his spare time, Colin enjoys running, playing in a soccer league, and is a passionate University of Nebraska Husker football fan.
Prior Work Experience:
- Tax Appeals Division Intern, United States Department of Justice (August-November 2021)
- Weibling Entrepreneurship Clinic Senior Certified Student Attorney, University of Nebraska at Lincoln (January-May 2022)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Contracts, Legal Profession, Clinical Practice-Entrepreneurship
- Schmid Honor Scholarship (2020-21 & 2021-22)
- J.D., University of Nebraska College of Law, 2022
- B.S., Hispanic Studies and Global Business Leadership, Saint John’s University, 2019