Troy concentrates his practice in the areas of business and corporate law, Internet law, technology and licensing, mergers and acquisitions, and real estate law. Often acting as general counsel to his clients, he advises them on a wide spectrum of general business and corporate matters from formation to dissolution, including business contracts, shareholder relations, and day-to-day operational and contractual issues. Troy’s representation includes entrepreneurs, start-up ventures, closely-held businesses, mid-market companies, and national companies in a wide range of industries.
With regard to Internet law, Troy helps networks, advertisers, publishers, online businesses, and other Internet entrepreneurs navigate the complex and ever changing laws and regulations that impact e-commerce businesses. Among other things, Troy’s time is spent on a broad range of Internet law issues including drafting and negotiating contracts, advising on issues of compliance with regulatory guidelines, counseling clients regarding online trademark and infringement issues, and representing clients on issues of protection of intellectual property rights.
Troy’s mergers and acquisitions practice includes extensive experience drafting, negotiating, and dealing with all aspects of stock purchases, mergers, asset acquisitions, joint ventures, reorganizations, and recapitalizations. Troy also has significant experience in representing developers, property owners, property buyers, and tenants in a variety of real estate, land use planning and zoning matters, lease negotiations, and real estate transactions.
Troy’s direct number at Fraser Stryker is 402-978-5347 and his assistant, Donna Olson, can be reached at 402-978-5271.
Honors & Awards
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America® since 2020 in the field of Real Estate Law (peer nominations)
- Order of the Coif – Member
- Selected to 2013 Great Plains Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list (Business/Corporate)
- Nebraska State Bar Association, 1999 – Young Lawyers Section, Executive Committee (2002-2004)
- Omaha Bar Association, 1999 – Young Lawyers Section, Executive Committee (2002-2004)
- Negotiated numerous multimillion-dollar contracts by Nebraska’s largest public utility for the replacement of its nuclear steam generators and acquisition of state of the art training equipment and software.
- Negotiated renewable energy power purchase agreements (wind and solar) for over 1,200 megawatts of purchased power.
Memberships & Civic Affiliations
- Nebraska Law Review – Executive Editor
- National Moot Court Team – Member
- United Way of the Midlands – Planning and Allocations Committee Member (2002-2004)
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation – Board of Directors (2006–2012); Nominating Committee (2004-2005); Co-Chair, Annual Walk (2011)
- Ted E. Bear Hollow – Board of Directors (2011-2016)
- Sporting Omaha FC – Board of Directors (2017-Present), Secretary (2019-Present)
LAW SCHOOL: University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D., with distinction, 1999
COLLEGE: Northwestern University, B.S., 1995