With regard to Internet law, Troy helps networks, advertisers, publishers, online businesses and other Internet entrepreneurs navigate the complex and ever changing laws and regulations that impact e-commerce businesses. Among other things, Troy’s time is spent on a broad range of Internet law issues including drafting and negotiating contracts, advising on issues of compliance with regulatory guidelines, counseling clients regarding online trademark and infringement issues, and representing clients on issues of protection of intellectual property rights.
Troy’s mergers and acquisitions practice includes extensive experience drafting, negotiating and dealing with all aspects of stock purchases, mergers, asset acquisitions, joint ventures, reorganizations and recapitalizations. Troy also has significant experience in representing developers, property owners, property buyers and tenants in a variety of real estate, land use planning and zoning matters, lease negotiations and real estate transactions.
Troy’s direct number at Fraser Stryker is 402-978-5347 and his assistant, Donna Olson, can be reached at 402-978-5271.
Honors & Awards
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© in Real Estate Law (peer nominations)
- Order of the Coif – Member
- Selected to Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars in 2013 in the practice area of Business/Corporate
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Nebraska State Bar Association, 1999, Young Lawyers Section, Executive Committee (2002-2004)
- Omaha Bar Association, 1999, Young Lawyers Section, Executive Committee (2002-2004)
- Negotiated numerous multimillion dollar contracts by Nebraska’s largest public utility for the replacement of its nuclear steam generators and acquisition of state of the art training equipment and software.
- Nebraska Law Review – Executive Editor
- National Moot Court Team – Member
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation – Board of Directors (2005–present); Nominating Committee (2004-2005)
- Arthritis Foundation – Board of Directors (2001-2004); Chair, Board Development Committee (2003-2004)
- United Way of the Midlands – Planning and Allocations Committee Member (2002-2004)
LAW SCHOOL: University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D., with distinction, 1999
COLLEGE: Northwestern University, B.S., 1995