Initially founded by Lodowick F. (“L.F.”) Crofoot (1865-1950) and Edgar H. Scott (1862-1924), Fraser Stryker’s name originated from firm partners William “W.C.” Fraser and Hird Stryker, Sr.
Lodowick F. (L.F.) Crofoot
Edgar H. Scott
Mr. Fraser and Mr. Stryker were passionate about serving their community and country, maintaining an active role in civic affairs, and making a lasting impact that stretched far beyond the Omaha community. Our Firm’s culture of philanthropic services stems from the work of these men and we strive to continue the legacy that Mr. Fraser and Mr. Stryker created.
William C. (“W.C.”) Fraser
W.C. Fraser (1887-1975), a graduate of Creighton Law College, joined the firm in 1913 and became a partner in 1917. Mr. Fraser had a distinguished legal career, most notably serving as general counsel for the People’s Power Commission, where he worked with legislators to establish Nebraska as the first all-public power state. This involvement laid the groundwork for Fraser Stryker’s long-standing relationship with the Omaha Public Power District (“OPPD”).
Helping with the efforts to bring a bomber plant to Fort Crook (now Offutt Air Force Base), Mr. Fraser was instrumental in retaining the Base as the home for today’s Strategic Air Command. He was active in many community organizations throughout his life, acting as the President of the Boy Scouts, Omaha Community Chest, and Omaha Chamber of Commerce. Dedicated to helping others, Mr. Fraser helped launch the first charity drive for Father Flanagan’s Boys Home and remained very involved in the Boy Scouts of America until his death.
Hird Stryker, Sr.
Hird Stryker, Sr. (1892-1944) joined the firm in 1921 after earning his law degree from the University of Chicago and serving as Captain of the 338th field artillery in France in World War I. While practicing at the firm, he developed a strong relationship with Kiewit & Sons Co., Inc., helping the company draw up government contracts and joint ventures for new air bases and Army cantonments.
Mr. Stryker was one of the original regents of the Municipal University of Omaha and one of the Nebraska Delegates present at the founding of the American Legion during the 1919 St. Louis Caucus. He was commander of the Omaha Post of the American Legion in 1923, the largest post in the world at the time, and remained active in its affairs until his untimely death in 1944.
Robert G. Fraser
W.C. Fraser’s son, Robert G. Fraser, graduated from Creighton Law School and joined the firm in 1939. After serving four years in Europe during World War II, Robert returned to the firm in 1945 and was appointed the first chairman of the Omaha Airport Commission by then-Mayor Glen Cunningham. Like his father, Robert was deeply involved in charitable organizations, including acting as the first Nebraska member of the National Red Cross Board, Chairman of the American Red Cross and Midwest Area Advisory Council, and passionate volunteer for the United Way.
Hird Stryker, Jr.
Hird Stryker, Jr. (1918-2007) enlisted in the Army Air Force and served in the China-Burma-India theater in World War II before receiving his law degree from the University of Michigan and joining the firm in 1947. He took over representing the Kiewit Construction Company from his father and served as legal counsel for OPPD for more than 20 years. Like his predecessors, he was active in charitable organizations, including serving on the Hattie B. Munroe Foundation board and on the board of the organization that eventually became the United Way of the Midlands.