Fraser Stryker Expands Litigation Practice
Michael B. (Mike) Duffy is a former state and federal prosecutor with significant experience in matters involving grand jury subpoenas, government investigations, public corruption, and federal offenses and sentencing.
An attorney at Fraser Stryker, Mike focuses his practice on white-collar defense and investigations, environmental law and toxic torts, and commercial litigation. Mike has successfully tried numerous bench and jury trials to a verdict and argued cases before state and federal appellate courts.
At the beginning of his career, Mike represented clients in a variety of litigation matters at a large law firm. As a Deputy Attorney General and Assistant United States Attorney, he gained valuable experience in the courtroom, including the successful prosecution of public officials at the highest levels of state government.
Mike believes that it is essential to serve his clients with leadership, ethics, and integrity. He uses the knowledge gained from his prior roles to provide his clients with advice on how to reach the best possible outcome.
Outside the office, Mike enjoys spending time with his wife, two children, and two Labrador Retrievers. He is an avid runner and serves in a leadership role in F3 Omaha—a men’s outdoor workout group and community leadership organization.
- Assistant United States Attorney, Southern District of Iowa (2018-2022)
- Special Assistant United States Attorney, District of Nebraska (2018-2022)
- Deputy Attorney General, Office of the Alabama Attorney General (2011-2018)
- Phi Beta Kappa, Florida State University
- Dean Fred Herzog Scholar, University of Illinois at Chicago Law School
- Alabama Bar Association
- Nebraska Bar Association
- Member – F3 Omaha (2021-current)
- Author, “Nontestimonial Declarations Against Penal Interest: Eschewing the Corroboration Requirement for Inculpatory Statements.” 41 J. Marshall Law Review, 969, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska