Fraser Stryker PC LLO Diversity & Inclusion Statement
We firmly believe that embracing diversity and bringing different perspectives to the table is a crucial component of our collaborative culture. By doing so, we are able to more effectively understand and address the complex legal needs of our clients while enriching our own professional experiences.
Our clients rightfully demand legal service providers that reflect the diversity of the community in which we practice. Accordingly, we define diversity broadly, whether that diversity is reflected in race, gender, religion, age, LGBTQIA+ status, disability status, or other backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and perspectives that make each individual unique. We are dedicated to recognizing and celebrating those differences.
Fraser Stryker is Committed to:
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where all voices are heard and respected. We seek to understand and appreciate the varied perspectives, ideas, and experiences of our team members, clients, and the communities we serve.
- Fraser Stryker has established a Diversity Committee made up of a collection of attorneys and staff who have volunteered their time and talents to further our commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the Firm and our community.
We are deeply involved in the local community and are committed to making a positive impact. We recognize that our commitment to diversity extends beyond our Firm’s walls and into the communities we serve. We strive to be active contributors to the advancement of diversity, equity, and justice.
- Involvement in the communities we serve is a core value at our Firm. We encourage our attorneys and staff to serve in leadership positions and volunteer with civic and nonprofit organizations that support DEI efforts.
EDUCATION & AWARENESS
We acknowledge that education and awareness are essential to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. We encourage open dialogue, provide training and resources, and actively seek to deepen our understanding of the diverse perspectives that enrich our Firm.
- LeadDIVERSITY: We encourage members of our team to apply to participate in the LeadDIVERSITY program through Inclusive Communities. This year-long program focuses on developing a network of local leaders who are committed to pursuing diversity and inclusion solutions for Nebraska.
- Commitment to Opportunity, Diversity and Equity (CODE): We have signed the CODE Employer Coalition’s pledge as part of the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce’s Commitment to Opportunity, Diversity and Equity (CODE), which has been established to “…help the community achieve sustainable growth in the areas of diversity, inclusivity, equity and opportunity.”
- Nebraska Paralegal Association (NePA) & Omaha Bar Association (OBA) Annual Diversity Event: Each year, the Firm sponsors the NePA and OBA Annual Diversity Event. This event provides a diversity and inclusion educational opportunity for all Nebraska paralegals, and we encourage all of our paralegals to attend.
RECRUITMENT & RETENTION
We actively seek diverse talent in our hiring processes to reflect the diversity of our community. We strive to attract and retain individuals from all backgrounds, and we support their professional development and advancement.
- Nebraska Legal Diversity Council (NLDC): Started in 2021, the NLDC is the first statewide collective of Nebraska’s law schools, firms, corporations, and the Nebraska State Bar Association to improve diversity and inclusion within the legal community. We are proud to be one of the founding members of the NLDC.
- Girls Inc. Eureka! Summer Externship Program: We have proudly hosted Externs from Girls Inc. Eureka! Summer Externship Program. A five-year college and career prep program, Eureka! partners with local businesses to provide Externs an opportunity to explore and get real-world exposure to the career fields that best match their interests.
- Nebraska State Bar Association (NSBA) Legal Diversity Summit: To support the Legal Diversity Summit, the Firm annually sponsors the NSBA’s LSAT Prep Scholarship for the Kaplan LSAT Prep Course. Awarded to individuals “…who are historically underrepresented in Nebraska’s law schools, demonstrate economic need, and reside in Nebraska,” this scholarship helps the NSBA build the pipeline of a more diverse pool of law school applicants.
- University of Nebraska Omaha’s CBA Prep Academy: In 2023, Fraser Stryker participated as a field trip host for the UNO College of Business Administration’s CBA Prep Academy. The program’s goal is to “…uplift under-resourced populations within the Omaha community, diversify the student body of UNO CBA, and create a diverse pipeline of CBA graduates who will bolster the Omaha workforce.”
- Scholarships: Fraser Stryker has a long-standing tradition of supporting our area law schools and students interested in pursuing a career in law through several scholarships:
We hold ourselves accountable to the principles of this diversity and inclusion statement, and we continuously assess our progress, identifying areas for improvement and making the necessary changes to better serve our commitment to diversity.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.