Employee Benefits & ERISA Lawyers
Comprehensive Employee Benefits & ERISA Advice
Fraser Stryker’s Employee Benefits & ERISA attorneys have years of experience counseling a wide array of employers on every facet of employee benefits law. Our attorneys take the time to understand our clients’ unique needs, then utilize our Firm’s integrated legal approach to ensure each company receives a well-crafted benefit plan that addresses its specific legal requirements.
The Omaha, NE Employee Benefits & ERISA attorneys at Fraser Stryker are skillful in all aspects of employee benefit plan design, administration, and compliance. We have assisted companies of all sizes with:
- Drafting employee health benefits, retirement plans, and summaries
- Training and guidance on all issues related to all types of qualified and non-qualified retirement plans
- Drafting executive incentive plans and nonqualified deferred compensation plans
- Counseling clients on recruiting, retaining, and rewarding executives and highly compensated employees
- Advising regarding ERISA
- Securing determination letters and private letter rulings from the Treasury Department
- Preparing IRS Voluntary Correction Program (“VCP”) submissions
- Assisting with plan corrections under the IRS Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System (“EPCRS”)
Valuable Guidance on Employee Benefits Plan Design and Administration
As attracting and retaining talent becomes increasingly more difficult, employers understand that it’s never been more important to offer their workforce a comprehensive employer-sponsored benefits program. Retaining the support of an experienced employee benefits and ERISA lawyer will help when it’s time to navigating the complexities of creating and maintaining an employee benefits plan. Our Nebraska Employee Benefits and ERISA lawyers are practiced in assisting with a wide variety of health and welfare plans, including:
- Cafeteria Plans
- Flexible Spending Arrangements (FSAs)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Dependent Care Assistance Plans (DCAPs)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability Plans
- Life Insurance Plans
- Self-Funded Health Plans
- Transportation Fringe Benefits
- Educational Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- Employer-Provided Meals & Lodging
- Adoption Assistance Programs
- Wellness Plans
Effective Representation through State and Federal Government Compliance and Audits
Because of the steady increase in employee benefit program audits by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Department of Labor (DOL), it has become vital for employers to ensure their programs meet consistently changing state and Federal government regulations. Our Nebraska Employee Benefits and ERISA lawyers regularly stay up-to-date with these changing regulations to assist employers when audits occur and proactively pinpoint issues that may arise with their plans in the future.
Throughout the years, our Omaha lawyers have counseled clients on compliance with numerous federal mandates that affect health and welfare plans, including:
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA)
- Consolidated Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 (COBRA)
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994 (USERRA)
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Mental Health Parity Act of 1996 (MHPA)
- Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act of 1998 (WHCRA)
- Michelle’s Law
- Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008 (MHPAEA)
- Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act (NMHPA)
- Qualified Medical Child Support Orders (QMCSOs)
Speak to Our Accomplished Employee Benefits & ERISA Attorneys
The well-informed Employee Benefits & ERISA attorneys at Fraser Stryker are ready to discuss your employee benefit plan needs. Speak to our attorneys by contacting us today.
Employee Benefits Client Resources
View our brochures:
Latest Employee Benefits & ERISA News
What is split-dollar life insurance? Split-dollar life insurance is a contract between two or more parties to split the ownership and benefits of a permanent life insurance policy with a cash value component. Split-dollar contracts are most often used by companies to...
What is Corporate-Owned Life Insurance ("COLI")? Corporate-owned life insurance ("COLI") refers to life insurance that is purchased by a corporation for its own use. The corporation can be either the full or partial beneficiary on the insurance policy. Typically, an...
Emily R. Langdon Employee Benefits & ERISA Law Attorney email@example.comIn the September 24, 2021 edition of the Midlands Business Journal, Fraser Stryker parnter Emily Langdon was quoted in an article entitled "Rising plan costs and COVID-19 drive...
Nebraska Employee Benefits Attorneys
Contact our ERISA attorneys to discuss your important legal matter.