Fraser Stryker Attorneys Included in 2024 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®
Mike Coyle has concentrated his efforts on his extensive trial practice. Few lawyers share Coyle’s unique ability to communicate with jurors on complex issues.
This skill has allowed Coyle to have an expansive level of experience in trying cases to juries in both state and federal courts. Mr. Coyle’s extensive trial experience includes complex commercial litigation, wrongful death, medical malpractice, professional negligence, products liability, food safety, information technology, and antitrust.
In addition to working as a defense trial attorney, Coyle has an extensive plaintiffs’ trial practice. Coyle has won numerous multimillion-dollar jury verdicts including a $15.2 million jury verdict in the United States District Court, as well as a $43.8 million verdict in Douglas County, Nebraska.
Mr. Coyle has also litigated constitutional questions as a specially appointed Assistant Attorney General for the State of Nebraska. Coyle’s wide range of experience also includes jury trials in complex probate disputes and litigated mass tort claims. Coyle also serves as legal counsel in litigation matters for multiple national corporations.
- Lead trial counsel in jury trials to verdict in Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, and Florida.
- Lead trial counsel in over 100 cases to verdict.
- Multiple jury trials in product liability cases.
- Lead trial counsel in action where the jury awarded $43.8 million to Coyle’s client related to causes of action for violation of Nebraska’s antitrust laws, tortious interference with business, and breach of a nondisclosure agreement by a rival software firm. The award, believed to be the largest in Nebraska history, was the result of a nearly two-week trial in Douglas County Court in September 2015. (Read More)
- Obtained a $15.2 million jury verdict in United States District Court for a Fremont, Nebraska, corporation. (See Verdict)
- Obtained a defense verdict in front of a United States District Court jury relating to two train derailments in the summer of 2014 on claims in excess of $5 million. (See Verdict)
- Led plaintiffs’ steering committee on one of the nation’s largest outbreaks of hepatitis C.
- Lead trial counsel in complex United States District Court products liability action where jury returned $1.8 million verdict on behalf of Coyle’s client.
- Obtained judgment of $11.8 million in catastrophic automobile/truck accident for plaintiff.
- Lead trial counsel in multimillion-dollar products liability action tried in United States District Court involving catastrophically injured plaintiff on behalf of defendant manufacturer.
- Lead trial counsel in one-month-long United States District Court jury trial representing multinational corporation where $11.5 million counterclaim was successfully defended and a jury verdict of nearly $1 million was returned on behalf of Coyle’s client.
- Successful defense via jury verdict of double fatality accident.
- Successful defense of amputation case with a defendant’s verdict on behalf of Coyle’s client in United States District Court.
- Successful prosecution in United States District Court of trademark/trade name litigation.
- Successful prosecution of multiple of the plaintiff’s products liability lawsuits through jury trial and appeal to the United States District Court for the 8th Circuit on behalf of plaintiff.
- Lead counsel on school district litigation involving eleven public school districts with over 100,000 students.
- Obtained jury verdict of $645,000 on behalf of plaintiff in November 2010.
- Successful defense through jury verdict in United States District Court in December 2010 of $6.5 million suit brought by offshore corporation and return of multimillion-dollar verdict on behalf of defendant in December 2010.
- Trial to jury verdict in over 50 automobile negligence cases on behalf of plaintiff or defendant.
- Successfully obtained millions via jury verdict on behalf of plaintiffs in product liability, premises liability, automobile negligence, and commercial litigation.
- Obtained multimillion-dollar settlement for plaintiffs in probate litigation.
- Obtained multimillion-dollars settlements for plaintiffs in medical malpractice actions.
- Rated AV® Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Named Best Lawyers® 2019 Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants “Lawyer of the Year” in Omaha
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America® in the fields of Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs (since 2011), Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants (since 2011), and Commercial Litigation (since 2016) (peer nominations)
- Chambers USA, America’s Leading Business Lawyers – Band One–Litigation: General Commercial; Band One–Litigation: Insurance
- Benchmark Litigation – Litigation Star
- Selected to 2009-2023 Great Plains Super Lawyers® list
- Listed in Omaha Magazine’s “Top Lawyers in Omaha” for Bet the Company Litigation (July/August 2021 Edition)
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- Past President (2013-2014)
- Fellow – International Society of Barristers
- Diplomat – American Board of Trial Advocates
- Master – The Robert M. Spire American Inns of Court
- National Association Railroad Trial Counsel
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- Fellow – Nebraska State Bar Foundation
- Nebraska Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Former Special Assistant Attorney General – State of Nebraska
- “Railcar Lawsuits Raise Safety Questions”, The Wall Street Journal (February 2014)
- Author, “Jury Selection” 2012 NATA Civil Litigation Practice Manual
- Frequent Lecturer, Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- Presenter, National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Pro Hac Vice Admissions in: IA, ND, CO, IL, FL, WY, MT, AZ, KY, TX, PA, OK, MO