As a corporate law and estate planning attorney, Daniel C. Pauley uses the practical knowledge gained from the 100+ year strong Pauley family ranching and farming business to support the specific legal needs of his clients across the state of Nebraska. Dan counsels businesses and their owners on issues related to business formation, corporate and real estate transactions, succession planning, mergers and acquisitions, and estate planning.
Dan has extensive experience advising business clients in a variety of corporate and agricultural industries. From the start of any matter, Dan partners with his clients to deliver strategic solutions to meet their unique needs. Dan provides proactive, ongoing advice throughout the relationship, offering ideas to save time, costs, and avoid business risks.
Skilled in advising clients through the various stages of the estate planning and probate process, Dan works with his clients to ensure their family’s futures are secured. His complex estate planning experience includes successfully litigating multimillion-dollar contested estates and trusts for his clients.
Dan is a firm believer in giving back to the communities he serves. Dan has been an adjunct professor, teaching in law-related agricultural classes, and has presented seminars related to business succession and estate planning. He currently sits on the board of several organizations in Nebraska, including Hastings College Foundation, the American Red Cross of Central and Western Nebraska, the Hastings College Department of Business and Economics, and the Mary Lanning Healthcare Foundation.
Outside of the office, Dan enjoys spending time outdoors with his wife Brooke and their children.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the 2019-2021 Great Plains Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list (Closely Held Business)
- Nebraska State Bar Association, 2011
- Omaha Bar Association, 2019
- American Bar Association, 2011
Memberships & Civic Affiliations
- Central Nebraska Sports Complex (CNSC) – Board of Directors (2021-Present)
- American Red Cross of Central and Western Nebraska – Board of Directors (2020-Present)
- Hastings College – Board Appointed General Counsel (2020-Present)
- Hastings College Foundation – Board Member (2018-Present)
- Mary Lanning Healthcare Foundation – Board Member (2016-Present)
- Hastings Economic Development Corporation – Advisory Board Member (2012-Present)
- Kiwanis of Hastings – Member; Board of Directors (2011-2019)
- Lochland Country Club – Board of Directors (2018-2019)
- Teammates of Hastings – Board of Directors; Mentor; Past President (2012-2018)
- Heartland Pet Connection – Board Member; President (2014-2017)
- Faith Lutheran Church of Hastings – Church Member; Member of the Board of Stewardship (2011-2016)
- Adams County Childhood Development Council – Board Member; Past President (2012-2015)
- Kids Against Hunger of Hastings (KAH) – Volunteer (2011-2015)
- Central Community College – Adjunct Professor (2011-2013); Member on Department of Agriculture/Business Advisory Board (2011-2014)
Daniel’s legal career prior to joining Fraser Stryker includes eleven years working in the corporate and estate planning practice areas in Omaha, Lincoln, and central Nebraska. In addition, Daniel has served as outside counsel for several clients.
Whether his clients are starting a new business, purchasing real estate, or working on a business succession plan, Daniel’s extensive experience makes him a valued and trusted business advisor.