Emily focuses her practice on employee benefits and ERISA. As part of this practice, Emily assists her clients with matters related to health and welfare benefits, executive compensation, pension and retirement plans, wellness plans, and health care reform. Emily also has significant experience in the areas of health care law, corporate transactions, business formation and advising, and employment law, all of which compliment her benefits work.
Emily establishes strong relationships with her clients by building trust and confidence in her ability to identify goals and solutions. She emphasizes effective communication and strategic planning when working with employers on benefit plan design and compliance. Emily has the ability to analyze complex legal issues and state key points in a practical manner that can be applied to real-life client situations. Emily advises clients in a variety of industries, from small closely-held businesses to national corporations. Emily’s positive attitude, highly motivated personality, and determined approach result in successful outcomes and long-term business relationships.
Honors & Awards
- Creighton University G. Robert Muchemore Foundation Scholarship Recipient
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Four Law School Classes
- University of Notre Dame Eugene D. Fanning Award Finalist
- Creighton University School of Law Best Brief Nominee
- Nebraska Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- Notre Dame Club of Omaha
Memberships & Civic Affiliations
- Lincoln Running Club Nebraska Team Member and Board Member – United States Track & Field Elite Athletic Development Club (2011-present)
- Girls on the Run Coach (2021-present)
- Omaha Community Playhouse – Board of Trustees (2015-present)
- Sunflower Haven – Board of Directors (2021-present)